Integrative Medicine (IM) is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
7 Principles of Integrative Medicine:
1. Return responsibility of care back to the rightful owner, the patient.
2. Healthcare providers are educators and teachers to their patients.
3. The patient is the healer with their own natural healing resources already within themselves.
4. The healthcare provider’s role is to help remove the barriers that interfere with the body’s ability to heal, and provide what the body needs to restore optimal health.
5. Determine the root cause of the problem, only treating symptoms as long as necessary.
6. Do no harm.
7. Be patient and trust the inherent wisdom of the body’s ability to heal. The integrative medicine approach returns healthcare back to the patient and their provider. I encourage you to call today for your free screening to learn how we can help with your health concerns.